CH1MPNOTIC 1.3 3.0 GB #INSTALLATION / FAQ PICKUP SERVER BROWSER #ASSETS #CONFIG / CONSOLE
- Ch1mpnotic is a Competitive Xonotic Edition. Specially created for Rocket Jump Zone events.
- Based on Xonotic git (April 15 2021) and the BaI mode
- Available for Windows, Linux, Mac
- Movement? CPMA like
- FPS? 250+ (default config), game launch - 2 secs, no lootboxes, no annoyance
Check out this article - how to start playing xonotic ranked
Rocket Jump Zone Servers
- It's not tolerated to fake / change your name on our servers. Choose a player name once and keep it.
If you participate in our events, choose your competitive name from rocketjump.zone/players
- Read the rest - pickup rules
Official Competitive Maps Aerowalk, Darkzone, Silent Siege, Final Rage, Stormkeep, Downer, Fuse
Main balance differences from XPM:
- Crylink weapon replaced with an LG weapon (modified arc)
- MachineGun weapon has no reload anymore
- Blaster weapon now has a secondary
- Ammo reduction for rockets and cells
It could happen that somebody left a non official balance config on the server, fix it with: vcall balance-default
Other balances to try out:
balance-testing balance-kota balance-ql balance-bw balance-jaska
List of Servers
Config / Console
press "~" or "shift + esc" to open the console
- There are 2 pre-made modes:
player (textures off, simple items (2D), HUD, reduced effects..)
caster (textures on, normal items (3D), HUD, eye candy..)
- you can simply switch between hud caster and player on the fly: hud-player hud-caster
- Different announcers available: cl_announcer male cl_announcer splat
- In game vote / call commands:
vcall chmap map or vmap map (vote for a diff map)
vcall gg or vcall endmatch (call a gg, end match)
vcall restart (restart current map)
- more useful commands:
vcall cointoss - heads or tails?
vcall bots, vcall nobots - who needs bots? our playerbase is huge
allmaps - print names of all available maps on the server
votemaps - print all available vote maps
autospec - follow killer cam
timeout, timein - pause and unpause the game
q / quit, d / disconnect, s / spec, r / ready
- more tuning commands: (vid_restart might be needed)
gl_picmip_world 0 turn textures on
you can reduse effects:
if you have low FPS (probably in caster mode) then try:
exec effects-high.cfg or exec effects-normal.cfg
Where is your config located (that's also the place to put 3rd party assets):
C:\Users\your name\Saved Games\xonotic\data
To change the default config path, launch the game with a custom param (for Windows): -userdir C:\.xonotic
3rd Party Assets
There's no installation nor Steam support. Simply extract the package somewhere and run xonotic.exe
Is the game free to play?
Yes, and under GPLv3+ license (exluding our sound pack)
What's the purpose of Ch1mpnotic?
Ch1mpnotic was created for competitive players to ease the process of setting the game up from scratch.
It's used to run our tournaments and ranked matches.
Is Ch1mpnotic compatible with Xonotic?
100% Compatible. All weapons and modes from Xonotic are available.
We use the default .xonotic userdir, but you can change it: -userdir C:\.ch1mpnotic
Is weapon Crylink included?
Yes, Crylink and LG use the same weapon caregory - 6 bind.
Can I contribute?
Sure, check out the repo or support us financionaly