- Ch1mpnotic is a Xonotic edition made for Competitive Players and the recommended version to participate in our tournaments.
- Movement - CPM like
- Weapons (9) - Blaster, Shotgun, MachineGun, Mortar, Electro, Arc, Vortex. Hagar, Devastator
- Duel Maps Tournaments (7) - Aerowalk, Darkzone, Silent Siege, Final Rage, Stormkeep, Downer, Fuse
- Available for Windows, Linux, Mac
- FPS? 250+ (by default config), game launch - 2 secs, no lootboxes, no annoyance
Check out this article - how to start playing xonotic ranked
Rocket Jump Zone Servers
- Although it's possible to change your name in Xonotic, it's not tolerated on our servers. Choose a player name once and keep it.
If you participate in our tournaments, choose your competitive name from rocketjump.zone/players
- You can play ranked only on our servers
Main balance differences from XPM:
- Crylink weapon is replaced with a modified Arc (LG) weapon
- MachineGun has no reload, only 1 magazine 60 bullets
- Blaster weapon has now a secondary (dmg: 1, force: 3, refire: 0.2)
- There's no spawn sound
It could happen that somebody left a non official balance config on the server, fix it with: vcall balance-default
Other balances to try out:
balance-testing balance-kota balance-ql balance-bw balance-jaska balance-doom
List of Servers
Duel 1 - Frankfurt | Rocket Jump Zone - 188.8.131.52
Duel 2 - London | Rocket Jump Zone - 184.108.40.206 / rocketjump.zone
Config / Console
press "~" or "shift + esc" to open the console
- There are 2 pre-made configs:
Competitive (default) exec player.cfg (textures off, simple items (2D), HUD, reduced effects..)
Caster exec caster.cfg (texturees on, normal items (3D), HUD, eye candy..)
- you can simply switch between hud caster and player on the fly: hud-player hud-caster
- If you prefer male announcer: cl_announcer male
- In game vote / call commands:
vcall chmap map or vmap map (vote for a diff map)
vcall endmatch or vcall gg (call a gg, end match)
vcall restart (restart current map)
- more useful commands:
vcall cointoss - heads or tails?
vcall bots, vcall nobots - who needs bots? our playerbase is huge
lsmaps - print names of all available maps on the server
timeout, timein - pause and unpause the game
q / quit, d / disconnect, s / spec, r / ready
- more tuning commands: (vid_restart might be needed)
gl_picmip_world 0 turn textures on
you can reduse effects:
if you have low FPS (probably in caster mode) then try:
exec effects-high.cfg or exec effects-normal.cfg
Where is your config located (that's also the place to put 3rd party assets):
C:\Users\your name\Saved Games\xonotic\data
To change the default config path, launch the game with a custom param (for Windows): -userdir C:\.xonotic
3rd Party Assets
There's no installation nor Steam support. Simply extract the package somewhere and run xonotic.exe
Is the game free to play?
Yes, and under GPLv3+ license
What's the purpose of Ch1mpnotic?
Ch1mpnotic was created for competitive players to ease the process of setting up the game from scratch.
It's used to run our tournaments and ranked matches.
Is Ch1mpnotic compatible with Xonotic?
100% Compatible. All weapons and modes from Xonotic are available.
We use the default .xonotic userdir, but you can change it: -userdir C:\.ch1mpnotic
Is weapon Crylink included?
Yes, Crylink and Arc use the same weapon caregory - 6 bind.
Can I contribute?
Sure, check out the repo or support us financionaly